Friday, May 16, 2008

"Mere accommodation of the orthodox. . . is no longer an option"

From the Midwest Conservative Journal, thoughts on Lambeth and the future of the Anglican Communion:

. . . Might Dr. Williams cut his losses and recognize Donald Harvey and Bob Duncan as co-primates of Canada and the United States regardless of how loudly TEO and the AOiC scream? It might be his only way to keep the Communion in one piece. Will such a move keep people like me in the Anglican tradition?

No. Mere accomodation of the orthodox within a heterodox "church," a so-called "safe haven," is no longer an option.
I might just as easily "accomodate" myself to the Unitarians. When the issue concerns my soul and the souls of those around me, "you believe what you want and we'll believe what we want" is not an attractive philosophy.

I don't know why, but it makes me a little nervous that Christopher Johnson is channeling my thoughts! But he is so right - "mere accommodation of the orthodox. . . is no longer an option."
Read it all.

No comments: