Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Conservative Anglicans in southern Ohio. . . almost 5 years later

From Per Christum, a blog started in 2006 by a group of Catholic converts. This post is by David Bennett, who in July of 2003 was preparing to enter Episcopal seminary and by August of 2004 had become a Roman Catholic:

. . . Why did I write this post? The other day I was thinking back to those times, and how much I was struggling with my place in the Episcopal church, and within the Church in general. I didn't struggle alone, but with friends and companions in the fight for orthodoxy. Nonetheless, I realized that over the last (soon-to-be) 5 years, most of us have left the Episcopal church, and many of us have left Anglicanism. It is kind of depressing in a way, but I know for a fact that many of our little group that have left are happy with the decision, and those who have stayed are joyful in their calling as well. It also shows just how many self-described orthodox in Southern Ohio have left the Episcopal church; If this is happening all over the country, TEC is most certainly moving even more leftward by default. . .

Read it all.
H/t to TitusOneNine.

No comments: