Friday, June 06, 2008

+Mark Lawrence (South Carolina) is going to GAFCON and Lambeth

I've seen several inquiries as to whether Bishop Mark Lawrence of the Diocese of South Carolina in going to Lambeth or not. So, straight from the June 3, 2008, issue of the South Carolina diocesan e-newsletter, here is +Lawrence's answer:

Gafcon and Lambeth Ahead

Recently many in the diocese have asked me if I am going to Lambeth this summer, and the answer is yes. Others have asked if I’m going to Gafcon and the answer is yes, but I can only fit the “Jerusalem Week” into my schedule. I believe it is important for me to wade into the muddy gulf that divides so many within the Anglican Communion. Yet increasingly in these travels one of the things I find consoling is that when I return to Charleston and South Carolina, it feels like I’m coming home. That is a most welcome sense, I assure. This is enough for now—I look forward to sharing more with you in the weeks and months to come.

Faithfully yours,
Mark Lawrence
Bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina

Check it out.

No comments: