Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Finally back home. . .

Big Sur
Well, we've been on vacation for the past week. Of course, it had to be the most interesting week of Lambeth, but I've decided it was actually a good thing that I was on the road and not tied to my computer. We finally (after 14 years in California) made the trip up Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo to Monterey - a beautiful drive through Cambria, Hearst Castle, Big Sur, etc. The weather was great - Monterey was actually cold, which I understand is not what the rest of the country is experiencing. We hiked, went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, took a whale watching boat ride and saw some humpback whales.

But, I was able to check the web on my cell phone from time to time - just to get the Internet headlines - it was too hard to read any actual postings, so I'm playing catch-up the rest of this week.

Some initial impressions so far include the underlying racism or arrogance (I still haven't decided which it is) of some of the revisionist bishops from The Episcopal Church in talking about and responding to bishops from other parts of the world. But I'll have more on that later. Right now we're still unpacking, washing clothes, going to the grocery store, etc., etc.

No comments: