Monday, September 24, 2007

Stand Firm: Breaking: No text tonight…news conference live blog (important)

I've been busy all day, so I've missed the back and forth over the draft document that the House of Bishops has been working on. And so at the end of the day, all I need to know is this:

According to sources, the Drafting Committee has been told to start over fresh. The Draft Document is not acceptable to the house and the bishops cannot agree upon edited text...we'll see in a moment if these reports can be confirmed.

And from the Press Conference:

Bishop Alexander: there is no draft document at this point. we have made enormous progress today building a strong census. It is our hope that the document we've been working on will be redrawn tonight and tomorrow we will have a full response

Bishop Alvarez: This is a continuing process with regard to our relationship with the rest of the communion dealing with polity, our consecration of VGR and other matters that have arisen. But through this process we have proven the quality of this church in which we can differ, talk openly, and pray together. As Bishop Alexander said we are working on a document that will offer a good response. . .

AP: what about the draft that was given this morning

Alexander: We are well past that document and I would not believe anything it says at this point.

Bruno: you must know that we are working carefully together from conservatives to liberals to come up with a reflective document.

Alvarez: Several documents are flying around. none of them are right. . .

So you see, I didn't need to read everything that was flying around all day - I just needed to wait until the end, and then check the blogs!

Thanks to Matt Kennedy at Stand Firm.

No comments: