Sunday, November 11, 2007

teddy mak comments on Archbishop Rowan Williams

Here's a comment by teddy mak at Stand Firm under Sarah Hey's posting of "Ruth Gledhill Reports on Venables and a Meeting with ABC." I'm not sure if I agree with this comment completely, but there is a lot of truth here.

I am, at last, becoming irritated at the +++Rowan bashing. The man is following the ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY PROCESSES to effect our freedom. It is clear he has concluded that the GS, and numerous other bishops, including 40 some odd of HIS See, intend for TEC to be disciplined, that the Anglican Communion either acts on that discipline or it fragments, with 2/3 of its adherents forming an alliance that ignores his decaying Northern European and North American innovators. He is actually moving, in what is lightning speed to Anglicans, to assist in the coming Anglican Reformation. For the perhaps hundredth time, I implore my orthodox friends to allow this process to play out. As I have said elsewhere, It is now days, not months for this to happen.

Put a sock in it. Rowan Williams may indeed dissapoint me on this, but I think not. That he appears to be acceeding to ++Venables’ plan is monumental, you knuckle heads. I can’t wait to see what’s next.

1 comment:

Tregonsee said...

+Cantuar is a complicated man, and it is easy to project your hearts desire on what he is doing and saying. Even now, he can with just a few words and deeds completely turn this around, but the time for this is running out. When it comes to him, I hope and pray for the best, but expect very little.