Joshua Project: Bringing definition to the unfinished task
Check out the Joshua Project!
"Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations"
Jesus said it 2,000 years ago. Where do we stand today?
Our Purpose ... to spread a passion for the supremacy of GOD in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ.
Our Mission ... to highlight the people groups of the world that have the least Christian presence in their midst and to encourage pioneer church-planting among every ethnic people group.
H/t to the Webelf Report.

3 comments:
Its too bad the Joshua project considers success to be the spreading of evangelicalism. For Serbia they ask people to pray for Serbians to become dissatisfied with the "rules" of the Orthodox Church.
Jeff -
Do you have a link for that? I took a look at their website and their Serbia page, but couldn't find anything on that. I'd like to follow up with a posting if I can get a link.
Thanks.
Sorry, we were at Family Camp next to the Monastery this weekend. Here's the link, and here's the quote from the prayer points section:
"Pray that the Serbs would become dissatisfied with the rules of Orthodox religion and would instead seek a relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ. "
You should check out this gem on the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. There, they state that although >95% of the Awngi people are Christian, less than 1% believe in Jesus as God and Only Savior because, "In Ethiopian Orthodox theology, there are other possible saviors in addition to Jesus.
Thadd and Laura Davis' organization does the exact same thing, which is why I questioned them on why they would run off to proselytize Orthodox Christians. Thadd of course indicated they wouldn't be doing that at all and now I learn that they are off to the Ukraine. Reading the documents on that site, its the same stuff.
In a sense, I'm rather glad. Evangelicalism and Orthodox Christianity (and Catholicism for that matter) are significantly different religions. At least they mostly acknowledge it.
Post a Comment