Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The MCJ: Meet the Press

From the fertile mind of Chris Johnson comes his take on the Presiding Bishop's most recent insinuation about the CofE clergy. Ya gotta check it out!

I particularly like his reaction to Tim's question, inserted into the middle of the "interview":

Well, gee whiz, Tim, I see this in two ways. One is that this is a kind of liberal McCarthyism, Bishop Schori essentially stating, "I have here a list of so many known partnered gay bishops in the Anglican Communion..." The other is as a kind of projection, a post-modern wish fulfillment if you will. The Episcopal Church needs this to be true so they just decide that it is and go from there. They can't provide any actual facts so they just assume their narrative is true and that anybody who doesn't believe it must be a bigot even if the narrative is as fictional as John Chane's connection to anything remotely resembling orthodox Christianity.

No comments: