Thursday, November 08, 2007

Shoe Thursday: Party Time! Disco Inferno!

Hey, we have a great reason to celebrate! So let's dress the part (at least the guys - I really don't want to see what the gals were wearing in 1975).


Muchissimo thanks to ++Gregory Venables, ++Henry Orombi, ++Peter Akinola, and all the other committed Anglican Primates that have given us so much of their time, resources, and understanding to provide us with safe haven in the Anglican Communion. Of course, there's a lot of hard work and sacrifice ahead, but for today, let's enjoy!

So to put us in the party mood, here's Kool & the Gang:

Celebrate good times, come on ! Let's celebrate

There's a party going on right here
a celebration to last throughout the years.
So bring your good times and your laughter
too

we're gonna celebrate your party with you !

let's all celebrate and have a good time!

(photo from the 1975 J.C. Penny catalog, courtesy of the Manolo)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must lie down upon my chaise longue with a cold compress upon my brow. Words fail me.

Anne Coletta said...

Somehow, at the time, I don't remember it being quite so, I don't know, flamboyant - but then I was a mere babe in 1975!