Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where exactly is Davidson? In the Sweet 16, that's where

Davidson College logoOkay, I can't help it - it's my alma mater. And I don't even follow basketball that much, although it's always been the Davidson sport of choice, and the games were always exciting to watch. From ESPN's Page 2 (written by Anna K. Clemmons, an alumna):

For most of my post-collegiate life, whenever someone asks me where I went to college, I answer in two parts. "Davidson College … it's outside of Charlotte in North Carolina." Why the geographical tag? Because few people outside the Tar Heel state have heard of the small, liberal arts college 30 minutes from the Queen City.

But thanks to a guard named Stephen Curry, a coach named Bob McKillop and a team of hard-working, strong-willed players, that changed this weekend. Led by point guard Jason Richards (who led the nation in assists this season) and Curry (70 points in two tournament games), 10th-seeded Davidson took down Gonzaga and then Georgetown in the early rounds of the NCAA tournament in Raleigh, N.C. . .

Read it all.

2 comments:

WannabeAnglican said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for beating Georgetown! That really topped off my Easter!

Anne Coletta said...

Wish I could say I was personally responsible, but as an alumna, I'll take the thanks!